CICSEP was founded by the China Association for Science and Technology (CAST) in 2000 and its 6th Conference will be held in Suzhou, near Shanhai, frome September 17th to 20th 2010.
CICSEP is dedicated to promoting professional exchange and cooperation through Awards, panel sessions and open discussions on hot topics of interest to the gobal science documentary industry.
The Reserach Directoral-General of the European Commission, along with the AST, will show selected european films, and especially several french films, produced by AST members:
– Chernobyl, a Natural History? (Camera lucida) competiting for the Dragon Awards;
– Naïca, the Crystal Cave (Telfrance);
– Mind of Plants (Gédéon programmes) ;
– Keep Looking (Les Films d’Ici) ;
– The Origins of Language (Crescendo Films) ;
– Something about Species (Agat Films – Ex Nihilo) ;
– Public enemy n°1: Carbon (Georama TV).
Some of the AST members will take part to the delegation of eurpean producers which will go in Shanghai to present films and meet chinese producers and broadcasters.
> See the CICSEP website